Pages

10:37 am

THINGS WE LOVE IN | June

Winter! Winter is something we love in June! Winter is coming, and winter is here, and we love winter, and so we were so happy to have our good friend Natalie (who has previously put together a travel post for us) curate our top ten this month. And it's full of wintery goodies, from burning candles to fun jumpsuits and warming winter drinks. Check it out below:




As the nights draw in, I relish getting home and lighting a candle. Currently, I have a Curio Noir one in Tobacco Night on my coffee table. It’s so beautiful, a delicate reimagining of Tiffany Jeans’ memory of a lingering pipe scent, sweet and mysterious all at the same time. It’s housed in beautiful brown glass and it’s perfect for winter, particularly when it’s accompanied by an evening whisky. 

 two. Old Fashioneds

Speaking of whisky, I’ve been working on slowly amassing the perfect liquor cabinet. I bought a beautiful vintage oak trolley, and several cut glass decanters to keep my supplies in. We have all the ingredients for my favourite drink now, an Old Fashioned. Warming, spicy, sweet. 

 three. Penny Sage jumpsuit


 I’ve been wearing this Penny Sage jumpsuit to death. I buy one of her jumpsuits each season - they’re the best for going out and having fun in. Something about a jumpsuit just makes me feel a bit frisky. This one is my favourite so far, bright red silk with a dropped shoulder – so 1970s! 

 four. Viktor & Rolf Fairy Tales

the licentiate

One of my lovely clients gave me a copy of Viktor & Rolf Fairy Tales for my birthday. I have been reading a few pages each night before bed, savouring it – it’s mystical, magical and has resulted in several quite incredible dreams. 

 five. Ballet Beautiful

vogue

I am not particularly good at exercising regularly – I do pilates once a week and love it, but the only other thing to pique my interest is Ballet Beautiful. Mostly because I can do it at home and it’s pretty. The creator, Mary Ellen Bowers trained Natalie Portman for Black Swan, it’s got to mean something, right? 

 six. Winter reading


I’ve spent vast sums on magazines and books as it’s gotten colder. There’s nothing better than working your way through a stack of fresh paperbacks and getting absorbed in other worlds. On my list for the next few months are Joan Didion’s Play It As It Lays, Diane Keaton’s autobiography, Woody Allen’s very funny Without Feathers, Joyce Johnson’s Minor Characters and a collection of short stories by Mary Gaitskill called Bad Behaviour. Magazines of choice include Apartamento, UK Vogue, Lula, The Gentlewoman – the usual suspects. 

 seven. A Chesterfield couch

design field notes

I dream of owning a beautiful leather Chesterfield couch, in the perfect state of disrepair. I recently missed out on one at auction – I’m still getting the hang of auctions, they’re a bit difficult. I hope I will find one this winter, I might need one for all that reading and whiskey.

 eight. Green juices

Every morning I have a green juice. Usually I make them myself, but when I am having a hectic week I order in a six-pack from PHD Cleanses. They are amazing, and I am close to giving up coffee as a result of drinking them regularly. Kale, delicious… 

 nine. Dane Lovett

Dane Lovett

 I am completely enamoured with the work of Dane Lovett. I read about his work on The Design Files and can’t wait ‘til I can one day afford a piece of his to hang on my walls. Aren’t they beautiful? 

ten. Manger by Mimi Thorisson


Winter is a time I can indulge my stay-at-home qualities and domestic yearnings without a shred of guilt! Fire on, poring over cookbooks and creating elaborate, cosy feasts is how I like to spend the colder months. Much of my winter inspiration has been drawn from Manger, a website created by Mimi Thorisson, who lives with her family in Medoc, France. I made her steak with Bearnaise sauce and pommes frites recently, it was a total success.

You can read our previous lists for MayAprilMarchFebruaryJanuaryDecemberNovemberOctober and September here.
SHARE:
Blogger Template Made By pipdig